Learn how to obtain a work permit number in the UAE and start working legally.
The work permit number (WPN) is a unique identifier that is assigned to all foreign workers in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). It is required for all foreign workers, regardless of their nationality or occupation.
The WPN is important for several reasons. First, it allows the UAE government to track the number of foreign workers in the country. Second, it helps to ensure that foreign workers are legally employed. Third, it can be used to verify the identity of foreign workers.
In this blog post, we will walk you through the steps on how to get a WPN in the UAE.
What is a work permit number?
The WPN is a 12-digit number that is assigned to all foreign workers in the UAE. It is made up of the following:
- The first two digits are the country code of the worker’s nationality.
- The next five digits are the worker’s personal identification number (PIN).
- The last five digits are a random number.
How to get a work permit number
To get a WPN in the UAE, you must first obtain a job offer from a UAE-based employer. Once you have a job offer, your employer will be responsible for the following:
- Applying for a work permit on your behalf.
- Paying the required fees.
- Providing you with the necessary documents.
The process for applying for a work permit can vary depending on your nationality and occupation. However, in general, the following steps are involved:
- Your employer will submit an application to the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation (MOHRE).
- MOHRE will review the application and approve or deny it.
- If the application is approved, MOHRE will issue a work permit.
The following documents are required to apply for a work permit in the UAE:
- A job offer from a UAE-based employer.
- A copy of your passport.
- A copy of your visa.
- A medical certificate.
- A criminal background check.
The fees for a work permit vary depending on your nationality and occupation. The following are the general fees for a work permit:
- UAE nationals: Free
- GCC nationals: AED 500
- Other nationalities: AED 5,000
Obtaining a WPN in the UAE is a relatively straightforward process. However, it is important to be aware of the requirements and fees involved. By following the steps outlined in this blog post, you can ensure that you are on the right track to obtain a WPN and start working legally in the UAE.
- If you are not sure if you meet the requirements for a work permit, you can contact MOHRE for assistance.
- There are a number of websites and apps that can help you track the status of your work permit application.
- If your application is denied, you can appeal the decision to MOHRE.
Find this and many more knowledge guides on Monkicon